Saturday 18 May 2013

Richmond Park Revisited

The London Dynamos (my club) routinely foregather in London's great Richmond Park of a Saturday morning, so – in spite of still feeing rather rough – I trundle over in time for a single lap (there are hills!) and the social stop at the café near Roehampton Gate. It's swamped in Dynamo blue and black, and I wonder – not for the first time – how long a club this size will be allowed to use the increasingly crowded park roads. Nice to see old mates, though.
Coming back through Putney I notice that my Enigma bike is creaking and groaning. Clearly a bit of a tune-up will be needed. It's titanium, and a lot lighter than the old LeMond. Checking the measurements back home, I'm obscurely pleased to find that I've managed to set it up almost identically. The only difference is that the saddle is 5mm further forward. LeMond bikes always had a long top tube. Greg's the man. I move the Enigma saddle back 5mm....

He's riding my bike!